Thursday, September 27, 2007

Ecorche


This is my Ecorche which is the best way for an artist to learn about the human anatomy. It is 27 inches in height and was completely scultpted by hand out of Plastina, a hard oil based clay that dosen't dry. I was instructed by David Jamieson of the Vitruvian Fine Art Studio in Chicago. The class is extremely informative and detailed. Every single artist who is even remotely interested in the human figure should take this class. Their website can be found at http://www.vitruvianstudio.com/home

1 comment:

Ray Frenden said...

I think it's great you had the opportunity to take these classes. Wonderful stuff.

I've only been seriously drawing for about four years and am self taught. If I lived in an urban area, I would most certainly take advantage of these sorts of classes too.